The exhibition shows the development of the technology of transporting loads and people from the time of the fortress construction at the end of the 16th century to the present.
More than 400 years ago, there were already some wooden treading cranes, so-called cranes, on the cliff edge. They lifted heavy loads onto the plateau. After the end of construction work, only the pedal crane standing on the crane plateau remained. Its treadwheel was later moved to the casemate below.
In 1882, an external lift replaced the treadle crane. It was driven by a steam engine, which was replaced by an electric motor in 1912.
In 1967 the construction of a new lift began . An 18-metre-long entrance tunnel was built, onto which a 32-metre-deep shaft was sunk from the top. In 1970, this combined freight and passenger lift went into operation.