The reconstructed room shows the room of the fortress commander Lieutenant Colonel Theobald Freiherr von Oer, as it has survived in photographs. It was located on the upper floor of the commandant's house. There was a direct passage to the ladies' room of his wife.
Between 1914 and 1917, the room on the upper floor was occupied by the wife of Colonels von Tschirschky and Bögendorff. She stayed in it when she was reading, writing letters or doing needlework. With guests, she took a seat in the cosy seating area.
The reconstructed furnishings date from around 1900, when the fortress commander Theobald von Oer lived with his family in the commandant's house: the building already had a drinking water supply. A cooking machine and an icebox were also part of the equipment of a kitchen in the upmarket style of living.